Boulevard strives to publish only the finest in fiction, poetry,
and non-fiction (essays, interviews, etc.). Therefore we ask that you send only your best work. While we frequently publish
writers with previous credits, we are very interested in publishing less experienced or unpublished writers with exceptional
promise. If you have practiced your craft and your work is the best it can be, send it to Boulevard.
As with any magazine, before submitting, read several recent issues to
get a feel for style, content, quality, and form of the work we publish. Sample issues can be purchased as a cost of $8.00 each (please include five first-class stamps for postage). Our subscription rates are as follows: $15/3 issues (double issues count as one issue); $22/6 issues; $25/9. (For subscriptions
outside of the US add $6.) Please make checks payable to Opojaz, Inc.
Please mail submissions and/or
6614 Clayton Rd
Richmond Heights, MO 63117
- All submissions, and all correspondence, must include SASE (with
sufficient postage) for response. Keep abreast of changes in postal rates, remembering that our responses tend to take about
- No submissions will be accepted from May 1 to October 1.
- All submissions must include author's name and address on each submission
(including multiple submissions) and must include the author's first and last name on every page of the submission.
- Authors retain rights to their work from the time of publication in Boulevard.
- Boulevard does allow, and even encourages, simultaneous submissions,
but we want to be notified of this fact. Photocopies and computer printed submissions are acceptable; handwritten ones are
- Cover letters with previous credits are appreciated but not required.
- Send only fully complete, fully proofread work. Send only your best work.
- Submit no more than five poems at a time.
- We accept poems of up to 200 lines.
- We do not accept light verse.
- We pay $25-$300 (sometimes higher) for accepted work.
- We accept fiction works up to 8,000 words.
- We do not accept science fiction, erotica, westerns, horror, romance,
or children's stories.
- We pay $50-$300 (sometimes higher) for accepted work.
Because of the high volume of submissions received, Boulevard makes
no assurances, and is in no way responsible for unsolicited manuscripts that are lost, damaged or misplaced for any reason